Adult sex dating in basic mississippi
The capital was named for General Andrew Jackson, to honor his (January 1815) victory at the Battle of New Orleans during the War of 1812.
The largest community is located in Choctaw 100 miles (160 km) northeast of Jackson.
Unlike Vicksburg, Greenville, and Natchez, Jackson is not located on the Mississippi River, and it did not develop during the antebellum era as those cities did from major river commerce.
Construction of railroad lines to the city sparked its growth in the decades following the American Civil War.
After surveying areas north and east of Jackson, they proceeded southwest along the Pearl River until they reached Le Fleur's Bluff in today's Hinds County.
Their report to the General Assembly stated that this location had beautiful and healthful surroundings, good water, abundant timber, navigable waters, and proximity to the Natchez Trace.The Assembly passed an act on November 28, 1821, authorizing the site as the permanent seat of the government of the state of Mississippi.On the same day, it passed a resolution to instruct the Washington delegation to press Congress for a donation of public lands on the river for the purpose of improved navigation to the Gulf of Mexico.For the county on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, see Jackson County, Mississippi.