Adult dating college corner ohio bsd updating usrsrc
In the 1820s, Franklin Mills was included in the route of the Pennsylvania and Ohio Canal (P & O Canal).
When construction began on the canal in the mid-1830s, land speculation was rampant in many areas of northeast Ohio along the canal, including Franklin Mills.
The population was 28,904 in the 2010 Census and was estimated at 30,071 in 2016.
The Kent City School District and the Kent Free Library provide additional education opportunities and resources.With the decline of the canal and the emergence of the railroad, the town became the home of the Atlantic and Great Western Railroad maintenance shops through the influence of Marvin Kent.In 1864 the town was renamed Kent in honor of and in gratitude for Marvin Kent's efforts.Part of the Connecticut Western Reserve, Kent was settled in 1805 and was known for many years as Franklin Mills.